The Opera Garnier which was right next to our hotel.

Then it was off to the Place de la Concorde which I was really to lazy to look up to see what it was...some sort of monument...hehe.

Then the Mussee du Louvre.

Then The Il de la Cite which is and island in the Siene River and the oldest part of Paris also where the Cathedrale Notre-Dame is!

Then I was so tired and HOT! IT was 90 degrees outside and I had been walking everywhere for about 4hrs so I went back to the hotel to have lunch with Megan, Abby and Toby. We hung out for a while and then they set off for their group's dinner and I set off to see Paris at night (sorry mom...yes I went aaaall by myself at night!) On my walk I saw a ton of monuments but the most notable ones were:
Eglise du Dome which I believe is where the tomb of Napoleon is...I may be wrong...it is attached to the Hotel National des Invalides which Napoleon built for injured and sick soldiers.

The Eiffel Tower!

And the Arc de Triomphe and the Avenue de Champs Elysee!

I got back to the hotel around 11ish and then went to a Jazz bar with everyone. Kim, Marc and I went over to another bar after everyone else went home (lame asses) we stayed there till around 3am...greatest part...some French guy bought us champagne and all our drinks...what a nice guy! heheh...well...he was pretty drunk and trying to hit on one of the girls in our group...hheheheh.
No comments:
Post a Comment