Ok so my Uncle John asked me today if I want to stay in the UK...here is my answer...
Hell NO! Let me back in the States!
What I miss from the States...
1. Mexican food,
2. Endless supplies of ketchup (what do they think there is some sort of ketchup shortage?)
3. Real cake from a bakery
4. People who don't pretend products are British when they KNOW it's American
5. Bashing the French w/o accidentally insulting someone listening
6. My family (until they call and I realize why I left)
7. Good television
8. People who can't understand why other people would voluntarily watch Soccer instead of real football
9. Real football
10. People who know and celebrate the Super Bowl
11. Baseball (sometimes)
12. Bars that are open past 11:00pm
13. Stores that are open on Sundays
14. Streets that have a definite beginning and ending none of this in the middle of the street lets change the name crap
15. Mexican food (again)
16. People who don't stop in the middle of a stairwell/escalator/dorrway/2 ft in front of you to figure where they are going (although tourists may do this in the US I find that those who actually live in the States understand the phrase "keep the flow of traffic moving")
What will I miss when I'm gone?
1. The ability to go to Europe so easily
2. The acceptance of public drunkenness as an art form
3. So much beeeer
4. My friends here
5. Running around London/England
hehe..no I really have loved living here but it is just about that time to go home! Oh and I will find out tomorrow about Seattle so keep your fingers crossed!!!
4 comments:
ouch! you know toby is going to miss your sweet touch carisa.
yOU CAN THE GIRL OUT OF aMERICA BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE AMERICA OUT OF THE GIRL!!! FOOD, FOOD, SHOPPING AND TV OH cARISA YOU ARE LIVING UP TO THE AMERICAN STEREOTYPE!! aND BY THE WAY MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE STOPPING TO DECIDE WHERE TO ARE ARE AMERICAN!!!!!
Carisa- How dare you! Our TV is ten times more interesting than that insipid crap that shmoozes its way across the Atlantic and lodges in my telly. Everybody Loves Raymond? Like hell they do. And cakes? What bloody bakery are you frequenting that doesn't sell decent cakes?! Heather's right, you MUST live in a ghetto. IN THE GHETTOOOOOO! And don't even get me started on your football crack! You yanks create the most crap sports ever, like a drunk monkey came up with them on a dare. And only holy cities like Canterbury close on Sunday. Not that you'd understand holiness. Hussy... Anyway, we'll miss you. Loudmouth American that you are. Thanks for all the enforced stereotypes. (Just taking the piss of course. Heather's meaness is rubbing off on me.)
Heather: When you leave Piers by himself please remember to lock away the computer. Thanks! Oh and Piers...who you callin’ a hussy...you whipped British boy. You can't even say your own language right. It’s M-A-U-V-E…please ask Heather how to pronounce it and stop bastardizing your own language! Love you!!!
Post a Comment