So I applied for a job, got two interviews, and then yesterday, found out I didn't get it. I text Randy and tell him the news, finish my day at my lame admin job, and then go to the gym to work off the anger of not getting it. I get home and I find Randy, with a beautiful bouquet of red sunflowers. He orders pizza, fixes me a drink, lets me watch my favorite show that he hates, and tells me I was just too good for that job and to put the positive out there and I would get it back, just like I always tell him (his words, who knew he was actually listening).
So later that night Shawna gets home (our delightful house guest for the month) and she says to me "I have to tell you about this afternoon. I'm readjusting my plants in the yard, and Randy rides up on his motorcycle. He takes off his helmet, runs his hand through his hair, put his helmet on the bike, grabs a bouquet of flowers from the back, and starts walking up the stairs to the house. He was SO Top Gun." hahahaha, that's right ladies, hands off my Tom Cruise circa 1986!
It totally made my day and turned my sad news into something fun.
1 comment:
those are beautiful flowers carisa! give him a big hug. that was so nice of him. i need to send rol out there for better training. sigh.
Post a Comment