The Marathon:
The morning of my birthday I was crazy enough to convince several of my lovely rowing friends to participate in a charity marathon. As you all know I don't run, snort, but I was intrigued by the idea of a rowing marathon, especially for a charity, so I signed me and a few others up for the task, it just so happened it was at 5:00am on my birthday. We ended up cutting it a little short but we made it the whole way and have a great time! The other boat that was with us sang Happy Birthday to me while we rowed next to them which was so funny and probably the best HB song ever! Sadly I don't have many pictures but here are a few of us passing the finish line and then docking, I'm forth from the bow seat, I have my White Sox hat on :-)

The Nap:
It was 2 hours long and totally worth it...looove napping...
The Party:
Right after my Marathon while I was waiting for Randy I got a text from Seth. He sent me a picture of the made-from-scratch red velvet cake that Randy made for my birthday! Of course Seth helped and it looked beautiful! After my nap, which was awesome after that long of a row, I was scooted away to an unknown destination downtown. Randy had arranged for a party and all I knew was who was going, and what time, so I was really excited to see what was going to happen. Right before my party I opened my birthday gift from my family and it was a new camera!!! I cannot tell you how exciting this is since my old camera was taking horrible pictures.
Well we ended up at the Rendezvous, which is a sweet little retro bar downtown. As I sat at the bar our friend Paul walked by with an amp, which I found strange since I didn't know why he would be carrying an amp. Anyways, randy finally let me go into the Jewlbox Theater, which is this beautiful little stage with booths all around. I find out at this point that all of my friend are coming at 6:30 and the main entertainment will be two of my friend's bands! Two I had never seen (obviously since i didn't even know Paul was in one, ha). Unfortunately one couldn't perform so they had a small duo play. It was SO much fun, everyone was there that could be and we had a blast watching the bands. So I let everyone pass around my camera and take pictures, some will not be shown, Zack you know why, teehee.
My boyfriend is awesome.
My Boyfriend is Still Awesome:
So a little background on one of my presents. Two years ago we were in Peru for my birthday. Randy, knowing I'm allergic to metal, had a Peruvian jeweler make me a gorgeous woven necklace. Later that week I was wearing it and we were in one of the churches in Cusco. Well, ahem, Randy and I were laughing at all the obvious "middle fingers" to the Catholic church that the Incan's "incorporated" into all the work within the church. I don't think God thought it was particularly funny because as we were laughing the stone in my necklace fell to the floor and split in two. I was not amused. So for the last two years Randy was supposed to fix it and didn't (slacker). When Randy met me for breakfast this morning he brought it with him, fixed!
My other gift from Randy was just as amazing, he made me a necklace! You will notice that the charm is the same as my tattoo, how he found that is beyond me, but he did!
No comments:
Post a Comment