More about the race.
The Novice 8 category is for rowers who have been rowing for less than 5 months. The 8 indicates how many rowers are in the boat, plus there is one more person who will be shouting directions called the Cox (snort). The boat is a sweep boat which means that each rower has one oar and they row on alternating sides, I row no the Starboard side of the boat (oar on my left). The race is a 4K which is a little less than 2.5 miles. We did really good and ended up completing the race in 19:15 mins. This was our best time ever and we rowed faster than we ever had, a personal best for our team! We of course didn't win since we were against a bunch of teenage girls we outweighed by quite a bit (I'll take boobs over winning any day ladies!) But we had an amazing time and it was great fun to race. We will be racing again in a short distance race held at Greenlake called the FrostBite Regatta on November 8! Thank you to everyone who came out to watch us! Here are some picture...I'm the one with buns...teeeheee...literally. I am in the 3rd seat from the back.
1 comment:
People should read this.
Post a Comment