Saturday, April 16, 2005

Absinthe Trail

So yesterday was our very last day!! SAD! We meet up with one of Kim's friends, Karly, who lives in Prague and she took us all around to places we have never been and then we meet up with her boyfriend Ian for a few Pivo's. We went back to the hotel for cocktail hour...hehe. Then we went to dinner around 9ish to some bar. We decided to do a shot of absinthe...rriiiiight. So for those who do not know was absinthe is it is illegal in the US because it is around 80 proof and usually has a hallucinogenic herb in it...thus why it is called the Green Fairy. The Czech way of drinking a shot of absinthe is the take a spoon of sugar and dip it in the absinthe and place it over the drink...then you light the sugar on fire and wait for it to melt. You then throw it into the shot and at that point the entire shot is on fire (quite cool looking actually) you then place you hard over the glass to snuff it out and quickly take the shot. All went fine with mine until I was finishing the shot and I looked at Megs horrified face across from me and I ended up choaking on some of it...not to pleasant I might add! What was really funny was that it was actually not that bad up until that point! Then Abby and Meg tried and they ended up getting four other glasses on the table on fire plus a napkin before they finally did their shots! Bahahaa! It was SO much fun though! Just to make everyone happy though...our did not have the hallucinogenic herb in it. Well after that we went to a dance club until 4am which kinda sucked this morning when I had to get up at 6:45...to get ready to leave...boooo! It's a good thing I get free breakfast!! So that was our adventures! We are leaving in few hours and I am so frigging tired!! I'll post pics in a few days!!!

No comments: