Friday, August 29, 2008

You're Only 29 Once

Aren't you totally shocked that I'm posting within a relatively short period of time? I know...pretty shocking. Well I'm officially 29! Woohoo! I know must people hate getting older but I could care less. And as you all know there is nothing more fun than celebrating me....I mean my birthday. In fact I ran around my office all month declaring it my birthday month, at every meeting I announce the countdown to my birthday, every single day starting on July 26th I told Becky and Randy how many days were left...every day, I also made sure to harass every one of my friends until they answered my evite to my Fiesta Birthday Party! So I hope you all know for next year...I mean business when it's my birthday...so don't forget it! This is going to be a very long post...so put your reading glasses on...

The Evite:

Host: Carisa
Location: Mi Casa
Date: Saturday, August 16, 7:00PM

Dear Fanclub,

It's my birthday my lovely admirers!! Woohoo! And since I love all that is Mexican (shut up) I'm of course going to have a Fiesta! While driving Randy crazy trying to decide what I wanted for my fiesta dinner, our uber inteligente friend Clint, came up with a brilliant idea! A Fiesta Potluck! Crazy you say? I know! So here is the deal, we will be providing something scrumptious (yet to be determined) and lots of Tecate and limes (teehee) you bring another dish of your choosing and liquor/beer if you please.

Rules of attendance:

1. When you respond yes (because you had better) make sure to mention what you are brining...or I will choose for you, and you know you don't want that.

2. Invite people I forgot! Don't take offense if I did, it just means that you don't ever email me, thus making me question your dedication to my fanclub.

3. Drunken and disorderly behavior is acceptable and encouraged but if the cops come to my house I have no idea who you are and I think you might be an illegal immigrant (except you Tito, who I will say is from the band Menudo...Mexican, Peruvian...same same).

4. It is MY birthday, you fight with each other, I punch you, fair is fair...you know who you are.

Love your favorite person in the world,
Carisa

P.S. Randy is getting a cake from the erotic bakery. Should I be scared that he said it will be "very Mexican" and what does that even mean?

The Most Holy of Days...B-Day:

So I woke up early, and went rowing. Rowing...what am I talking about you ask? Well my lovely friends I started taking Rowing lessons as a pre-birthday gift to myself and I'm not skipping on my birthday! Plus everyone in class wished me a happy birthday and you know I won't miss an opportunity to hear that! Then I went to breakfast with Randy. Then we took a nice long motorcycle ride to the boonies...to visit another totally awesome birthday soire for the lovely Miss Suzanne. There was some pottery fun and some totally awesome snacks but it took us an hour and a half just to get there so we couldn't stay to long because, after all, I needed to celebrate a little more. Remember....August 16th, and all days prior and post, are all about me me me.

The Party:
Fan Club Attendees:
Randy, Kate, Tito, Jessica, Adam, Dannel, Becky, Parker, Seth, Nikki, Ryan, Megan, Craig, Meredith, Clint, Melissa, Zack, Montine, Chris, Robin, Andrea, Merissa, Katie, Joe, Rachel and a surprise visit from Hollie and Jeremiah! You all rocked.

Consumption:

1 huge Steak (I so heart you Seth Boeckman)
2 Enchilada bakes (I think)
5 bags of chips
3 huge jars of salsa
2 bowls of the best Rice and Beans ever
A crap-ton of Mexican Chicken Wings
Corn Pudding....soo...goood...
Sopapia (the best was when we had them for breakfast)
7 cases of beer...thats right 7...that makes 84 beers...and I don't even think that was all of it
1 bottle of Patron Tequila
3 bottles of wine
1 as-big-as-my-ass rad nacho bake with the left over rice and beans (Consumed on Sunday)

Events:
  • Prom photos (why Kate, why?)
  • A dance-a-thon started by Clint, finished by Clint, with a short appearance by me and the Village People)
  • Chris falling asleep again on my couch (.sigh...stop partying the night before our parties Chris!)
  • Clint scaling my outside apartment wall with Meredith shouting at him to stop being a baby and just climb (Classy)
  • Jessica walking outside and screaming at the top of her lungs "Hey whoever you are turn on your internet so we can use it". (We no longer have free internet because it mysteriously never came back on...wonder why)
  • Meredith deciding to give me a french braid even though it was very painful and I asked her to stop numerous times ( I know truly understand what Clint means by "stubborn")
  • Seth cooking the most amazing steak ever on the tiny tiniest grill ever (which he gave me a a present...love it love it love it)
  • The cake (enough said)
  • The events that transpired with the cake after it was revealed...you were there...you know what happened.
  • Katie staying for like 3 minutes and then bailing because she was "tired" (Just kidding...I still love you)
  • Ryan's drunk face...teehee
  • Meredith, Clint, Kate and Tito closing the part down (Rock)
  • Randy showing Tito how to chug a beer "the right way" (whatever that means)
  • A lot of shots
  • Seth thinking that Becky was flirting with him (Classic)
  • Dannel hitting on Robin...loved it...just loved it
  • Holly and Jeremiah didn't think they could come but they did! Totally awesome
  • Joe and Rachel giving me a tiara and wand, which I subsequently ran around smacking everyone in the ass with it. I believe the words bend over were used quite often
  • Y-M-C-A...ha
  • Waking up in the morning to see how much beer had been consumed...wow...awesome
The Aftermath:

Well that was by far the best birthday ever! Thanks to everyone who came! Here are some of the pictures and you can click here for the rest!! Fiesta-tastic!














1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha, Ryan's drunk face!!! That was pretty preiceless, I must say....That's my boyfriend!! :)

~Nik-Tastic~